Watch Jan. 9 SSZ Hoops Highlights Show
SSZ has highlights from four Friday matchups including the big girls showdown between SJV and Manasquan and a great performance from CBA’s Jack Laffey
SSZ brings you four more games of Shore Conference action:
Saint John Vianney 58 Manasquan 51 – the two super powers collide in Holmdel – we’ve got Kelly Campbell and Kellie Crouch post-game interviews and highlights from the sold out gym
CBA 56 Marlboro 48 – The Mustangs give the Colts a tussle, but Jack Laffey’s 31 points was the difference. Highlights and an interview with Laffey are part of the SSZ show
Rumson-Fair Haven 61 Holmdel 36 – Brendan Barry fills it up again with 18 points – see the Bulldogs balanced attack on the road
Barnegat 55 Mater Dei Prep 33 – the highlight gods didn’t smile on us when we arrived at Donovan Catholic and just missed Barnegat’s breakthrough win – this time around, we’ve got the Bengals shining on the road against the Seraphs.
SSZ Hoops Honor Roll – Boys from Friday, January 9th
1. Chris Iapicco, Lacey – 36 points in a 54-50 win against Jackson Memorial
2. Jack Laffey, CBA – 31 points in a 56-48 win at Marlboro
3. Dan Largey, Shore Regional – 24 points in a 66-36 win against Monmouth Regional
4. Sadiq Palmer, Red Bank Regional – 23 points in a 69-49 home win over Ocean Township
5. LJ Robinson, Manchester Township – 21 points in a 68-43 win over Pinelands
SSZ Hoops Honor Roll – Girls from Friday, January 9th
1. Marina Mabrey, Manasquan – 26 points in a 58-51 loss at Saint John Vianney
2. Dylan Hallard, Middletown North – 21 points in a 67-53 win over Manalapan
GAME BALLS COMING THIS SUNDAY!
Monmouth Building Center is back to honor top high school basketball players every week. We’ll hand out MBC Game Balls after your vote. Starting on Sunday, we’ll post the top performers from the week in high school boys and girls basketball. Fans can vote from Sunday through Tuesday afternoon and we’ll present the Game Balls in the mid-week.
Coaches can email nominations for Game Balls to firstname.lastname@example.org